Sunday, November 13, 2011

{Preston and Laura} 10.22.11

You may remember Preston and Laura from their engagement photos in Boston last May. It's hard to believe that their October wedding day has already come and gone - when we last met, it felt so far away.

I have been looking forward to this wedding for many reasons:
1. I had such a great time with these two during their engagement shoot, and I couldn't wait to spend time with them again.

2. The reason I know Preston is because he and my husband worked together at Northeastern University during the short time we lived in Boston. This is awesome because not only did I get to meet Preston and Laura thanks to this connection but my hubby also got to join me while I shot their wedding. It was so fun having him there.

3. When Preston and Laura asked me to shoot their wedding, they made it clear that they really wanted me to stick around for the apple picking that would take place following the reception. So, not only did I get to shoot a gorgeous fall wedding with my husband in attendance, with two incredibly sweet and fun people, but I got to go apple picking. Can you feel the winning here??

One of the things that made this day so unique is that Preston and Laura got each other ready. When I arrived, they were both hanging out in their street clothes, and hurried together to get Laura into her dress. It was just the two of them, and they didn't want any pictures, but I love the fact that they spent their morning together, just soaking up the day.

The wedding was at The Granite Rose in Hampstead, New Hampshire. Tucked away from the road, this place has multiple ceremony and reception spots, and is so full of charm and beauty.



Laura's aunt did the flower arrangements, and each table was different..and stunning!




 The table names were so creative...this was my favorite :)


Laura's brother is at bootcamp for the military and could not come home for the wedding. She honored him with his photo at her table setting.

Prior to the ceremony, we spent a full hour together taking pictures of just Preston and Laura. I loved it because I feel like pictures of themselves is the one thing many brides and grooms forget to schedule, or they just get so excited to party that they blow it off.






I asked Laura if I could see her shoes and she showed off her knee-high black boots! I was soooo excited! She said she wore them because they were the most comfortable shoes she had, but I think they were the perfect hit for this orange and black wedding!






























 Laura and Preston's rings are engraved to say "Same Team"...something my husband and I say to each other every day. I smiled a lot snapping this shot!



 






See the awesome girl in on the right in the picture below? That's Courtney, and I'm soooo excited to be shooting her wedding to fiance Nick next April in Newport, Rhode Island!



After the reception, as promised, we headed to the apple orchard. Even though it was late in the season, there were actually still apples to be picked! I snapped a few more shots of Preston and Laura (I simply could not resist in such a setting), and then the crowd let loose to have some fun.















And here's my handsome hubby :)







Preston and Laura, I adored getting to know you better, and your simple and beautiful wedding day. You guys are genuine and wonderful, and truly perfect for each other. Thank you so much for including me in your day!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I LOVE the colors in her wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What sheer happiness captured, every photo just kept getting better. I adored all the photo's, however the last photo taken at the Apple Orchard was such a great way to close such a breathtakingly beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete