Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{Katelyn and Bob} Married

The story of Katelyn and Bob is one that I am so proud to know well, and even be a part of. I not only attended their wedding in October, but stood with them both as a member of their bridal party, which was such an honor after spending over 9 years waiting for this day to arrive.

Katelyn and I first met in my freshman year Spanish class at Keene State College (Go Keene State!). During our years as Spanish majors at KSC, Katelyn, another Spanish major named Kristen, and I all became good friends.  In the spring of our Junior year, the three of us traveled abroad for a semester to Seville, Spain.

One afternoon, after we had finished our tour of the Universidad de Sevilla, the three of us, along with some other girls decided to go for ice cream. We headed into a Baskin Robbins, not ignoring the fact that there was a group of rather attractive men sitting outside on the patio. As luck would have it, the boys were American soliders, on deployment in Spain, and the two groups quickly became acquainted. Later that evening, one of the boys, Bob, called our house in Spain asking for me. I was so excited, thinking that I had caught one of their eyes, but when I got on the phone, Bob was very quick to ask 1,000 question about Katelyn. I was happy to fill him in, and they quickly became a couple.

When we returned home from Spain, Katelyn and Bob's romance continued to grow, and it just didn't stop. Katelyn, Kristen, and I have remained close, and we have all been waiting...and waiting...and waiting for Bob to pop the question. He finally did, and they tied the knot in New York last month.  Standing with them, watching them finally say their vows in front of all of their family and friends, I couldn't help but feel a bit of extra pride knowing I had been there on the day they met, but mostly, I watched with tears in my eyes, so happy for one of my closest friends, and her perfect mate. I honestly can't remember a Katelyn without Bob, and these two were certainly destined to meet on that spring day in Spain.

As a member of the bridal party, my pictures are a bit more sporatic than I would normally take, but I was more than happy to take some pictures of us girls getting ready, and the super fun reception at The Appel Inn in Altamont, New York.


Here's the happy bride!


And this is Kristen!







This is Katelyn pretending to be glam..only she didn't have to pretend..even with her hair "in process" she looked stunning!



 Who knew purple and orange could look so good together?! I loved the bouquets!



Katelyn's faces are classic. She is so animated..I loved taking pictures of her!






















Bob's brother and best man got him a little gift for the reception - a ball and chain and a festive Polish hat. How thoughtful! ;)











The men and women had a little standoff to Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." They seriously got into it...sorry Katelyn, but I think the passion of those Lagowski men beat you on this one!







Katelyn and Bob, I love you both like family. It meant the world to me to be able to be with you on your wedding day!! I look forward to many more adventures with you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment