Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brian and Corinne, 5.14.11

As a photographer, attending a friend's wedding is an interesting dynamic. On one hand, you want to party it up and have a good time, and on another you literally do not know how to put the camera down in order to do so. You don't want to get in the way of the hired photographer, but you also feel the need to still capture all the details and important moments. Personally, I aim to do it all. :)

A few weeks ago my husband and I attended Brian and Corinne's wedding at the Eastland Park Hotel in Portland. You may remember them from their engagement shoot last November. The wedding was simply stunning, and I couldn't stop myself from taking pictures as we went through the evening.

Of course, it also means I can't crouch down in the middle of the aisle during the ceremony, but I was able to snap this adorable shot of them walking back as husband and wife.


After the ceremony the bridal party headed to Portland Head Light on a chartered trolley. My husband was the officiant, so we were able to tag along!




And of course, no wedding trolley is complete without champagne. Lots and lots of champagne. (Doesn't my hubby look so handsome?)





I loved the flowers Corinne chose for her bridesmaids and her own bouquet. Tulips are my favorite, and these bouquets were so simple and pretty.
Back at the Eastland, Brian and Corinne danced to Brad Paisley's "Then."



And, seriously, how awesome is this cake?!

As luck would have it, Corinne's graduation from her Master's program just happened to be this same day. She (smartly) decided that her wedding would be more important to attend, so her parents surprised her with her diploma, which they traveled to New Hampshire to pick up, and then had matted and framed. 


 

Another very special moment of the evening, was when Brian sang to his mother. She is in a wheelchair, so in place of the traditional mother and son dance, he sang "It's Your Song" by Garth Brooks. I really don't think there was a dry eye in the house. 





And then the dancing began!


I love the reactions of the boys in the background on this one.


Brian and Jim have been friends for several years now. I know Jim felt incredibly honored to be the one to marry Brian and Corinne. We're very lucky to have the two of them in our lives.



Brian and Corinne, I am so thrilled you have found each other. Corinne - thanks for bringing such a light to Brian. You really do complete him, and you guys are so lucky to have each other. Thank you for allowing Jim and I to be a part of your day!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Kristina!! I particularly love the one of the lighthouse through the 3 back windows of the the trolley. Lovely! Looks like to was a good time :)

    ReplyDelete