Sunday, June 20, 2010

Miah and Marie, 6.5.10

Its always an amazing thing to be able to attend the wedding of a good friend. Even after being to as many as I have in the past few years, I still get emotional at the thought of those I grew up with tying the knot. Jeremiah and my brother were best best friends in high school. They did everything together, and I mean everything. My mom even grounded Miah when she grounded Peter. They were inseparable.

I attended this wedding as a guest, but Marie asked if I would mind taking some pictures of the girls getting ready beforehand. Of course I didn't mind at all, and of course I couldn't resist the urge to take a few shots while at the wedding as well.

The wedding was supposed to take place at the Hampden Country Club, but due to the weather it was moved inside to the reception location at the new Hollywood Slots in Bangor. If you know the couple personally, you'll understand how cute the "gamble" theme of this wedding was, and it was great to spend the afternoon and evening with family and close friends.

I loved Marie's dress. It was so simple, but absolutely perfect on her!



Marie was lucky to have my brother's girlfriend, Erica with her. I've never seen so much makeup in my life! Erica certainly knows what she's doing and created a gorgeous bride!




Rather than bouquets, the bridesmaids carried these gorgeous pomander balls in the wedding colors.


No bridal party getting ready room is complete without champagne!


I loved Marie's fun red shoes! And their jewelry was stunning.



Miah, my friend, you clean up well :)


I loved all of the details in this wedding. My favorite were these M&M tins..M&Ms are my weakness!



Such a cool card box!



See the cutie marrying them? That's my hubby :)


This is Miah and my brother, Pete...and their awesome converse sneakers.


And for a wedding first..the fire alarm went off and we were all evacuated! Luckily it happened while the bride and groom were off taking photos, and there was no fire, but it definitely made for an exciting cocktail hour!


My parents. Aren't they adorable??


And finally, there's nothing like that very first dance.


Miah and Marie, congratulations. I'm so happy I could be a part of your day. Enjoy your new life together!

1 comment:

  1. Again, BEAUTIFUL photos! I am so glad you were able to take them. THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete