Monday, June 20, 2011

Meredith and Chris, Engaged

I'm an affectionate person. I like to give hugs. I like to hold my  husband's hands in public. So when I get to work with another couple who is also affectionate, I feel instantly at ease, because it is a way I can easily identify and connect with how they relate with each other. Meredith and Chris are one of these couples. These two are so natural and affectionate together, that after just spending a few minutes with the two of them, you know they are seriously perfect for each other.

A few weeks ago we spent a few hours at Meredith's parent's house in Parsonsfield, Maine. The land was passed down from Meredith's grandfather and includes a stunning man-made pond in the woods. Coupled with Meredith and Chris' stylish looks, we had a gorgeous rustic and classy photo shoot.



St. Saviour is Meredith's family's name. I loved this sign honoring her family on this amazing land.


Who knew tire swings could be so much fun for adults too? I love this shot.















My husband said this picture would be perfect if there were two Coronas in between the chairs. I have to say I agree with him!


As we were heading back up to the house, I noticed this old Mack truck in the driveway. It's Meredith's dad's and from the 1960's. I couldn't resist!


Meredith really wanted to have some shots taken at a bridge about 10 minutes away from the house. She said her dad would drive us, and I figured it was just up the road. We hopped in the truck and drove literally in the woods until we came to this gorgeous opening. To get there we had to walk through a small path of long, long grass, and my first thought was "oh boy, ticks." Sure enough, we emerged on the other side, covered. I'm pretty sure Meredith's mom thought I'd never been in the woods in my whole life as I was rather concerned about the 10 or so ticks on my pants, but once we got everyone cleaned up we were able to get back to work. In the end it was worth the ticks (oh, and did I mention the moose we think we heard?) to get these gorgeous shots. :)




Meredith and Chris, thank you for spending the afternoon with me in such an amazing spot. I can't wait for your wedding next summer!

3 comments: